The Mayfair Dress

Did you take part in the Me Made May this year? I’ve been taking part for the last three years and although I didn’t document it every day, I did wear me made clothes every single day. Participating in Me Made May helps me realise what I wear the most and what works better for me, so that I can make things that I will effectively wear.

This year, I realised that I need more dresses, as I really love to wear them, and blouses in solid colours that go well with jeans and a cardigan without thinking too much if the colours match. White works wonderfully for me!

Luckily for me, Nina Lee had a call for testers, for a new dress pattern! I hadn’t tested for Nina before, but have tried one of her patterns and liked the way this new dress looked.

IMG_4231.1IMG_4233.1

The Mayfair Dress is a versatile dress, designed for knit fabrics with options to make it perfect all year round and is available in sizes 6 to 20.

IMG_4232.1

The dress has three sleeve and two length options and I opted for the short sleeve and knee length. According to my measurements, I made a size 6 graded to size 8 at the hip and I’m happy with the fit.

IMG_4219.1IMG_4226.1

My favourite part must be the gathering front. It wasn’t the easiest knit project (also due to the fabric used) but certainly was worth it. Although the fabric made things a bit tricky at times, I just adore the way it drapes. Also, did you notice it is not blue? Big improvement for me! I got this viscose jersey from Fabric Godmother.

IMG_4203.1-2

The pattern is now available in PDF and will soon be available in paper format. Until next Sunday you can get it with 10% off with code “hellomayfair”.

Advertisements

I’ve got a new blouse!

I don’t know when ruffles will stop being a trend, so for the time being, I will happily continue to add some new ruffled clothes to my wardrobe. 😊 To be fairly honest, trendy or not, ruffles always made part of my wardrobe and as long as I still like them, they will continue to be. I am just taking advantage of the moment.

The last blouse I’ve made was the Bloomsbury blouse by Nina Lee. For obvious reasons, this pattern immediately caught my attention, but when first released the smallest size available was a size 8, which is too big for me. Even though, I bought the pattern wiling to learn to adjust a pattern. Fortunately, it was not necessary, as it became available starting from size 6 to 20.

IMG_0030.1

The collar and sleeve ruffles are optional and there are two options for the yoke ruffle. I made the narrower ruffle as I was already having the neck and sleeve and thought it would be a bit too much.

IMG_0032.1

The blouse closes at the back, with buttons from top to bottom, a detail that I like. The details, like the sleeve ruffle are what I like the most about this blouse.

IMG_0035.1IMG_0047.1

The fabric I used is a very light weight swiss dot in a soft pink (that looks almost white) bought a long time ago from TraeTela.

This is not exactly a fast project, as you can imagine, all the gathering takes its time. I started this blouse before summer, but meanwhile it got too hot and I put it aside. Finally, I finished it in time for autumn and I’m glad I did. 😊

Last February, I made another blouse with a ruffled neck, but never managed to take some pictures. Finally, I took some and although they’re not brilliant I think you can see the blouse. The pattern is the Blouse Dahlia by Dessine moi un Patron, it is available in paper and in French only but I did not have any issue while making the blouse.

IMG_0059.1IMG_0065.1

It has a looser fit than the Bloomsbury and less ruffles. 😉 The fabric I used is a lovely cotton lawn from Atelier Brunette.

IMG_0071.1

 

Hope you’re not too tired of all the ruffles, as I think there will be some more.