Burda blouses for the girls!

While in the holidays I haven’t sewed much, I have organised the “to do” list for Autumn/Winter (subject to changes, as usual!) and made some fabric and haberdashery shopping as well. Included in this shopping was the magazine, the fabric and the lace used for this project that went immediately for the list.

This particular issue of Burda had quite a few patterns that I liked, both for the girls and for me, but the one that caught my eye first, for the girls, was this blouse (although F also asked me to make her the shorts – I must agree they are really cute). The pattern is the 136A from Burda Style 9/2015.

Blouse1a

Details.a

IMG_5026.1a

Yes, I know, the plaids in the sleeves are not matching with the front ones… I already made a mental note to be more accurate next time!! 😉

For M I made a size 110 and for F size 116 and both fit well. I haven’t made major changes, except for a bigger opening in the back for F and in both blouses changed the hem to be straight instead of round.

The fabric I used was a viyella bought in a very traditional fabric store in my home town 🙂 and I used the pink one for M…

IMG_5136.1a

IMG_5104.1a

… and the blue one for F.

IMG_5035.1a

IMG_5121.1a

What I like the most about these blouses is the fit, the sleeves and of course the lace 😉 however the lace I like so much was reason for some complain from F, as she said that it was itchy in the sleeves :-(.

IMG_5130.1a

IMG_5085.1a

I think the blouses look great with the pinafore dresses I made them recently. 😉

IMG_5123.1a

IMG_5075.1a

Wish you a lovely week 🙂

Advertisements

My first make with a Burda Pattern :-)

Some time ago Rita kindly sent me the Burda Kids Magazine from Spain (Thank you so much 🙂 ) and when I started to go through the pages I liked so many patterns that I wanted to make quite a few, however in the end I only managed to make one dress before leaving for holidays!! Very predictable, I know!!

The dress is the 608 from the Burda Kids Spring/Summer 3/2015 and I liked it exactly how it was in the magazine, with those fabrics and colour. The only change I made was omitting the pompom trim, using instead the embroidered fabric for the ruffles as well.

IMG_4578.1a

I made the smallest size, 110 cm and although F is a little higher I liked the fit. The main fabric is a pima cotton lawn already used before and cotton “broderie anglaise” also used in a top for myself.

IMG_4583.1a

This was the first time I used a Burda pattern and I must say that, for the first time since I started sewing, I completely ignored the instructions! I am, usually, the kind of person that, at least when doing something for the first time, likes to follow the instructions. Other than that, I really like the pattern and it was totally worth it to have the work adding the seam allowances 🙂

IMG_4589.1a

IMG_4594.1a

It feels a bit weird to be writing about this really summer-y dress when school already started and I am wearing boots again! I must start to make clothes for autumn and winter now 😉

IMG_4599.1a

Wish you a lovely week 🙂