One year ago, I wrote a post were I mentioned my sewing related New Year’s resolutions, thus now doing a balance of 2015 and looking back I was pleased to realise that I’ve achieved all of them 🙂 There were only three of them so, it was not that difficult 😉 My resolutions were:
- Make more things for the girls “babies”. I didn’t made much, that is the truth, but I made them a sleeping bag for dolls and purses for them;
- Start working with knits. I did start working with knits and although I clearly work more with woven I’m getting more familiarized with knits and have plans to continue;
- Start sewing for myself. Yes, I started and I am enjoying it more and more. Is far more challenging then sewing for kids but much more rewarding (when the results are good, of course)
For this year my resolutions are:
- Making coats. Coats scare me!! I think I will start with something simple, for spring, for example and then will see if I’ll venture in winter coats.
- Learn and improve new techniques.
Looks simple, right? Will see how it goes…
I have a few plans and lots of ideas, some are not even sewing related others are not directly related but I believe will improve my skills. Most of all I want to have fun, enjoy, learn and improve.
In summary I believe 2015 was a good sewing year for me 🙂 I learned a lot, I believe I’ve improved as well, but most of all I’ve met so many wonderful people that share the same interest, some of them I even met personally and had great fun! This was the best part for sure 🙂
Wish you an amazing 2016!!