The dress that didn’t made to the Japanese Sewing Week!

As you might remember from the Japanese Sewing Week, my intension was to make two dresses, one for each of my girls. I had the fabric and I even had bought a new book!! Everything was ready but, as it is becoming usual in me, I end up making only one dress. The truth is I didn’t wanted to rush because one of the things I like the most about sewing is exactly taking my time and enjoy the process 😉

So, finally, here it is the dress that was supposed to also be part of the Japanese Sewing Week! Better late than ever, right?

The book is the “Lesson Book” and it was in my wish list for quite a while in the hope that it would be translated, but before the girls grew out of it I decide to get it anyway and the tour was a pretty good excuse.

For this dress I used three patterns from the book. As usual in most Japanese Books I own, some of the patterns are the same, just changing the construction to obtain deferent garments and this was no exception. So, I used the pattern G3 for the dress, G1 for the sleeves and G2 for the collar. I picked my favourite parts of each pattern and mixed them to obtain what I was looking for.

 

IMG_5921.2a

IMG_5923.2a

IMG_5924.2a

 

For F I made size 120 that is suitable for a child height from 115 to 125 cm. F is around 116 cm and I found the sleeves a little long for her, but other than that fits well.

 

IMG_5955.3a

IMG_5961.3a

 

Like I mentioned before, I used 3 pattern pieces to make the dress, but didn’t made any changes to the patterns, just mixed them. Besides the collar that is visibly a different piece all the other pattern pieces only differ in the length, which made the mixing of patterns really easy. The only thing I added was the lace, to make some contrast and mainly because I like it 😉

 

IMG_5928.2a

IMG_5957.3a

 

The dress has three elastics in the back (not very visible in the photo) to make the dress a bit more fitted, but next time I make the dress I will, very likely, omit them. Not that I don’t like the way it looks, but I think it will also look well without them and to be honest it is not really fitted anyway.

 

IMG_5963.2a

IMG_5935.1a

 

The fabric used is the same one used for M, a light twill from here, which was picked by F, so finally she had the dress she was waiting for 🙂

 

IMG_5989.3a

IMG_5996.3a

 

If you have been following me for some time, I believe you already know which my favourite part of the dress is. The collar, of course! 🙂 I confess that I really liked the original ¾ sleeves but ended up choosing the long sleeves.

 

IMG_5932.1a

IMG_5972.1a

IMG_5960.3a

Overall I am pleased with the dress and so is F, who wore it as soon as it was finished!

 

Have a great week 🙂

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “The dress that didn’t made to the Japanese Sewing Week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s